The following questions could be answered by using a consensus reaching method such as the Delphi panel:
- To help the decision making process.
- When personal contact is not necessary96.
- To choose the most appropriate method or tool (e.g. data collection technique, scales, questionnaires, etc.).
- To identify the best choice of treatment (when no other evidence is available or to complete it).
- To identify the form of a programme.
- To clarify professional roles97.
- To develop clinical guidelines98.